Thursday 24 May 2012

Top 10 Things That Make Me Happy


Top 10 things that make me happy




10 - Tea

I drink so much tea. I don't like any fancy types or flavours, it's plain English Breakfast for me. But I function so much better after I've had my morning cuppa. I can go through up to 10 a day, and with the size of my mug I need two teabags. I started drinking tea (Not so often) when I was 9. That's when my dad taught me how to use the kettle.



9 - Films

Preferably comedy films, but I'm partial to the odd action. My favourites are the Die Hard's, Back to the Futures (They have a cameo by the best bassist in the world), Pinocchio, Mulan, Zohan, Role Models and hundreds more. There's nothing like cuddling up on a cold night with a good film.

I've met a few famous people from movies, Robert Pattinson in 2005, Brandon Routh in June 2012, and my favourite of all, Sean Astin, aka my favourite Hobbit: Samwise Gamgee!





8 - Science

Science is intensely interesting. So many branches. So much to learn, yet so much undiscovered. You've got the philosophical side of science, where do we come from, why are we here. As well as the Psychological side; why do we act this way? What are people thinking? Why am I thinking this..? The Freudian biological side of things, which interests me most. What can we link to a persons fetish? Why we are attracted to someone with attributes of our own parents? How everything can be linked in some way to something erotic.


7 - Being appreciated

I love the look on someone's face when I give them an unexpected present. I love when someone notices that I've done or accomplished something. I like the feeling of being needed, even if it's hard work. Making people you care about happy, is what makes life worthwhile! This doesn't happen often, that's why it's made the list.



6 - Music

Everybody is into some kind of music. I like a bit of everything, but my favourite types are Eurovision, Disney, funk rock and game soundtracks. I'm a huge nerd, as you'll also see in number 4. My iPod is full of music from Runescape, Doom, CoI, Plants vs Zombies, Sonic etc.. My favourite legitimate band is Red Hot Chili Peppers, who I've been a fan of for as long as I can remember. My nickname is Dani California, and I was 11 when the name "Dani" was first sung in By The Way. Oh, the excitement! My fantastic Boyfriend bought me the ticket to see them live in November 2011, and I've never been on such a high. The Chili's are the drug without the need of... Drugs!



5 - Games

I'm a huge gamer. I was brought up by a bloke, and he was a gamer too. I prefer vintage games to modern ones, I own a Megadrive and have a lot of classic games. Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Zombies, Castle of Illusion... I also own a Playstation 2, and enjoy the Sims games,Champions series (Of Norrath/Return to Arms), and Dark Alliance II. I'm a grandmaster (Highest rank) on Miniclip Pool. Games in general are ridiculously fun. A temporary escape from reality!
I'm also a fairly avid Runescape player



4 - Comedy

I live to laugh. I love stand up by Lee Evans and Ricky Gervais. I love the feeling of making someone laugh. I love being a girl that's not afraid to make an offensive joke. I have a strange contagious laugh, which makes others laugh, then I'll laugh because they're laughing at me. It's extending my life! Somebody that greatly contributes to my health is Karl Pilkington. I don't know how interesting I'd be if Gervais hadn't given him to the world. 




3 - Pets

Yes, I'm one of those people. I love animals. Lions, Hamsters, cats, aww. I'm the type of person that gets stung by a bee, but feels sorry for the bee instead of myself. I read somewhere that a girl who owns hamsters will be a nightmare girlfriend. I was, BEFORE I owned hamsters, haha. I'm lucky enough that my boyfriend loves pets too. I've owned three, two Roborovskis and my new Syrian.


    Karot:

    MelOn:


   And my new Missus Teddy Bean:





2 - Pin

How is it possible an inanimate object could bring so much happiness and comfort? It's all psychological. Attachment stems from how long you've been around it, and how important you deem the object. An object won't disappoint or hurt you (Provided it isn't sharp), it won't complain if your music is too loud. It won't tell you you're wrong. It's there if a human has upset you. I've had this attachment with Pin, my Pinocchio knitted doll since it was made for me when I was 2. I've taken him on holiday, I sleep with him, and somehow, I love him. I might be insane, but that's how it is.






1 - My boyfriend - Now fiancé

My fiancé is the greatest human being in the world. He's taught me how to be a decent girlfriend. I'm still learning to date, but I've learned so much in the time we've been together. I've never felt so patient with someone, In the sense that I still love him this much after learning about him entirely. I even love the things I dislike about him. He keeps me calm when my emotions get out of control, he makes me feel loved and needed, and subconsciously makes me feel I'll make a good wife. People say it to each other all the time, but I genuinely believe it when he says "I'd do anything for you".









Things that would have made the list, had it been a lot longer:

Snow, The Simpsons, holidays, staying in a B&B, playing sports, playing in the park (yes), takeaways, giving presents, cuddling in bed, hairdressers, having a job interview, great memories, singing.