Thursday 24 May 2012

Top 10 Things That Irritate Me


Top 10 things that irritate me

While it may all be true, I hope this is amusing.

10 - Football

Football in general does not irritate me. It can be great. The world Cup and Euros bring the majority together, however league teams create more conflict than they do celebration. My most hated team are without a doubt Chelsea. You have a few good English footballers in there, while the remaining are either NOT English or are woman using ****'s. What annoys me more than some actual teams are the fans of those teams. I've heard many a time how proud they are to support an English team. English?

I don't think you can equate this:


To this..:


9 - Bugs

Bleurgh. I love animals, but bugs make me feel claustrophobic and outnumbered. I'll get rid of a spider (Not an "insect", but they may as well be), and it'll turn out that there's another. I have a phobia of wasps, they're difficult to get out of a room. They always seem to squeeze in when I've got the window on the latch, and after all my shrieking and running I have to gather the courage to go and open the window to let it out. 


8 - Food

Admittedly it's a bit strange for this to be on a list portraying negative things. Food in general, disgusts me. Initially this gives off the impression I'm a size 6 anorexic who's afraid of any more than a celery stick. It's quite the opposite! I have Selective Eating Disorder. In Layman's terms, extreme fussiness. I survive mainly on potato based foods, however not potatoes themselves. Crisps, chips, waffles. I'm that person that bits a crisp in half because one side is brown or green. I struggle to eat different brands of the same food. It's all psychological. The main thing I dislike about food is the smell, most foods reek! Eggs, curry, vegetables: Vile! If it doesn't smell good, I certainly won't be eating it.


7 - People who eat said food noisily

It drives me mental to hear someone eating with their mouth open. If you have celery, popcorn, pringles, or slurp soup stay the hell away from me! Who first thought of having popcorn in the cinema? Sure have an ice cream, as long as you don't make a mess or slobber it... It's bad enough two of my senses are offended - Sight and smell, but now it's hearing too. 


6 - "Positive stereotypes"

"I'm an emo and proud", "I'm a goth", "I'm a biker". It confuses me. When we're teenagers, we go through phases. I went through some myself. Now I've grown up a bit, I can look back and see how silly it is. I like wearing nighties, but that doesn't make me lazy. I like leaving my hair messy, but that doesn't make me a tramp. I like wearing posh clothes, but I'm not stuck-up. So why call yourself names just because you're styled a certain way? I remember being 16 and wanting to dye my hair black, which my parents said  no to. Thank God, as I'd have looked horrible and have terrible hair now! 


5 - Communism/Extreme left wing

A lot of you will disagree with me on this one. Communism doesn't work. Robin Hood was a thief, not a hero. If you come into a lot of money for free, I agree on giving some of it away, but that's down to the persons own decision. However, I do not agree that money should be taken from those that go and earn it, when there are people on estates abusing the benefit system and devouring society by having children at 16. Contraception should not be free. If you're wealthy enough to be married or afford a decent relationship (Which will include bonding activities that can cost money), you can afford contraception. (That's a point relating to "You shouldn't be having casual sex", because anything sexual is for two people that know for certain they are in love) Think about it, it's free, and children still aren't using it. "I forgot, ", "I don't know"...  How does this link? While I may not be a strong supporter of any political party as they all have pros and cons, I am more against Labour and the democrats. One of the things I liked about Obama was that he said he was going to stop the wars and bring troops home. People are still out there dying. With all seriousness now in place, I'd make a great world leader.


4 - People 'better' than me.

Now of course, you're never going to be the BEST at anything. There's always someone better than you. But I'm referring to those that are supposedly better than you at something, and feel the need to boast about it. I've been brought up in an almost stereotypical Chinese way, If you're not first, you're nothing. In a contest with 10 awards, second place is as my dad once said "the same as being last". So that only adds salt to the wound. This annoyance, however, is my own fault. I can choose to not let it irritate me, but I usually choose the "one-up them" option. Oh the day when I change my mind on that, life won't be as much of a struggle.


3 - Water stains

Rrrrrrr! I hate going to the kitchen drawer, only to find all the cutlery with splodges of dried stagnant water. My annoyance stems partly from an incident 3 or so years ago. The lazy manatee would never do the drying up, and instead would leave it on the draining board for the bacteria to have a party in the moist puddles. I went to the kitchen only to find woodlice crawling on the drying plates! It's not much effort to dry them with a clean towel and put them away! Now dishwashers. I for one, am against dishwashers as a whole. It takes a lot longer for the dishwasher cycle than to go through the whole cleaning process manually. So why spend so much money when you're only going to go "Ohh, I have to go and take it out now" (Which you still need a towel for, as cups and bowls are still wet)..?


2 - People

There are so many different types of people, some are bound to annoy you. There are so many types that irritate me. One being exes. Oh no, not my own, but exes of the people I date. I have a strange natural hatred, that's most likely immature. What they apparently did, the kind of person they are, and why they were able to steal something away from someone you care about. It's only normal to feel that way, eh?
People, in general, get on my nerves. I'm not really a people person. When I meet someone new, I never know what to say. I can't make spontaneous conversation, and I'm awkward when someone starts one with me. Don't get me wrong, I'm quite interesting and definitely unique, but I suppose this personality is a by-product of being a gamer. Small talk can be pleasant, but It's rarely comfortable. Better it people I already know, toddlers, elderly people, and (rather rarely) people with similar interests. I find it difficult getting on with people who have very strong views on something I'm the opposite on, for example Atheism, Football, or general morality. It's okay to believe something different, but it's not okay to try to prove my beliefs wrong. I CAN back up all my views. You will NOT win the argument. The people that annoy me most of all, are those that believe they can have an opinion on something when they have no experience on it at all. Teaching a teenager they should be studying instead of playing games daily is futile. They'll have to learn the hard way. To be honest, I generally prefer other animals to humans.


1 - Customer services

It may be a subject linking from "People", but these in particular are the worst. Whether it be a rude receptionist or a grumpy waiter, Customer service people really get on my nerves. Ebay resolution centre is one of the worst, however that's a different story. Last week I encountered my first ever rude cab driver. Usually they're chatty and ask about my day. Occasionally you have one that's on the phone and it can be annoying, but at least they leave me alone. However this one was diabolical when it comes to social ettiquette. I had arrived back home after a stay at my boyfriends, and decided to try a meter taxi. Already irritated as the first taxi in the queue was a large black cab like one, I asked him how much it would be to my street. He grumpily asked for more details. I said the specific part of the road. Maybe he should have taken note of this, as he didn't end up stopping where I told (Numerous times) him to. As I put my suitcase in, I saw that the meter read £3.00. I hadn't even got in yet, and he'd already started the meter! As I got in he did the usual "abiding by the speed limit to get some extra £" bollocks. When he got to my road he pretended to be confused and drove "piss-take" slowly, so I had to hurry him by saying "It's further down the road...". When we arrived close, I said stop here. He stopped, (Well, he didn't, he stopped 100 yards or so past it) and it read £7.40. I said out loud "So that's £7.40" looking in my purse, to make it clear I'd seen how much it said when he stopped. However, he had not pressed the button to stop it. It went up to £7.60 as I was getting the money out. I handed over a tenner and he gave me £2.40 change. I checked, and said "You've given me the wrong change, mate." He immediately responded with a very raised voice and said "No, It was £7.60 when I pressed it". I said "No, not only was it £7.40 when you stopped, but you started it before I'd even got in the taxi." He repeated "It's £7.60. I stopped it at £7.60", pointing at it, as if the situation was that I'm just stupid. I had had enough, and said "What's the name of your company?" And as if it was the most difficult question he'd ever been asked (Though he can't be too bright given his profession and obliviousness to job requirements) he just shrugged and said "I don't know. I'm hackney cabs." I ended with a very firm voice (The kind you give to a toddler that's just hit their sibling) by saying "You do NOT start the meter before the customer has got in". And with that I threatened him by looking at his number plate in the hope that he was worried he was in serious trouble. Now if I had let myself get to my normal stage of anger (I had even thought through my insult; "Are you from Saudi Arabia?" implying he always treats women badly), I would most likely have been arrested. However, I know I'm not alone here, and I now understand why people complain about cab drivers, and I hope I've explained thoroughly why this has made the top of the list. 


I'm in the process of creating a "10 things that make me happy" entry, to prove I'm not all a miserable arse.