Thursday 1 May 2014

Top 10 Best Disney Songs




This is a run down of my top 10 Disney songs. This was a very difficult challenge for me, as I am a big fan of Disney and each film has at least one catchy song. That and I didn't want to put more than one for a single film, so I had to choose between many great songs! I have left out so many brilliant films and songs but I've watered down some of my favourites.



10 - That's How You Know (Enchanted)

I am quite new to this film having only seen it just this year. But it's brilliant, so catchy and so theatrical. I think Amy Adams perfectly portrays a Disney princess.




9 - Colours of the Wind (Pocahontas)

This is a great song to sing and it's got an important message. Pocahontas explains to John Smith in true Disney style that all creatures and life are equal, nomatter what race or species. 




8 - Prince Ali (Aladdin)

This is one of Robin Williams best films on par with Mrs Doubtfire. His voice is perfect for Genie and this is the catchiest song in the film. 




7 - Bare Necessities (The Jungle Book)

I have a video somewhere of me when I was 5 or 6 singing this. "Look for the Bare necessemies, the sepa sere nacessemies. Forget about your worries and your stripe. Yeahraa!"




6 - Hakuna Matata (The Lion King)

It was a choice between this or Be Prepared, as Jeremy Irons has such an evil voice. I chose this one as I remember singing it in primary school assembly! It's quite a Buddhist mantra - No Worries! Be mindful, be aware but... Don't stress! 




5 - Reflection (Mulan)

Mulan is doubting herself as she was rejected by the matchmaker who said she would never bring her family honour. As we all know, she certainly DOES by the end of the film. Another favourite is Lesson Number One from Mulan 2. I heard the song before I watched the film and hearing it made me NEED to. 




4 - Part Of Your World (The Little Mermaid)

This is a film that came out not long before I was born, and I watched it countless times on VHS. I think even the men of my generation have the words of this one memorised. Under The Sea is a close second due to it's ultimate feel-good-vibe. If only Ariel could appreciate it and stay for the whole song...




3 - I've Got a Dream (Tangled)

This was an extra tough one as there is a good handful of songs in Tangled. I chose this one as I find it impossible to sit still during it, plus there's a Pinocchio in the background!




2 - Let It Go (Frozen)

Another film that I found it difficult to choose between songs, but I am cuddling my Elsa doll as I type. This song means so much to so many people. To accept who you really are despite what people think of you and your flaws. Let it gooo, let it goooo, I am one with the wind and sky!





1 - When You Wish Upon A Star (Pinocchio)

This genuinely deserves its title as the official Disney introduction. I can barely listen to seconds of it without blubbing my eyes out. Yup, there they are. Just gone to get the video for you and I burst. There is very little else I can say, Pinocchio means so much to me!