Wednesday 5 September 2012

Top 10 Eurovision Songs

Bearing in mind I've only watched it properly and been a fan for the past 6 years or so, I present you with my top 10 list of great Eurovision songs.


10) Blue - I can (UK 2011)

I was a big Blue fan when I was younger so it was great to see them in one of my favourite shows! The UK always does terribly Politically no matter who we have representing us. However Blue did us proud song-wise!


9) Hotel FM - Change (Romania 2011)

I found this catchy when I caught it in the Semi's. It was one that had me dancing on the sofa! 

8) Kurt Calleja - This is the night (Malta 2012)

I was tapping my foot the entire way through this song, and ended up voting for them. Catchy and singable!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgaX5QuMGR8


7) Verka Serduchka - Dancing Lasha Tumbai (Ukraine 2007)

Impossible to hate. What the hell is this song about? Why is a bloke dressed like an old lady? Why does he have a star on his head? Why is he singing partly in German? Who cares, it's a great Eurovision song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XGMb5PakOQ



6) Zdob Si Zdub - So Lucky (Moldova 2011)

They're a Moldovan version of Madness! Extremely catchy. With pointy hats, weird lyrics, and unicycles. Perfect Eurovision song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHAY_OVN_gY


5) Lena - Satellite (Germany 2010)

You all changed your mind about the Germans with this one, aye? It was a GREAT win, very deserved. It's a catchy tune and you can't hear it without bopping at least one body part.

4) Jedward - Lipstick (Ireland 2011)

I was embarrassed to learn how much I enjoyed this song. I had first started dating my FiancĂ© at this time, and we were both watching Eurovision, and both ended up voting for Jedward. He voted for them the following year too, with Waterline. To be honest, they made GREAT Eurovision.


3) Milan Stankovic - Ovo je Balkan (Serbia 2010)

This song got me hooked on Eurovision, and made me realise that I genuinely like crap European music. As soon as he strut on stage (I initially thought he was a woman) with that Eastern European "Heeyeyyeyeyeyeyey" I was addicted. This was the first Eurovision song I downloaded and has started my tradition.


2) Loreen - Euphoria (Sweden 2012)

Typically UN-Eurovision, this is actually a really good song. Very club-y, catchy and fun to sing along to. And her little MC Hammer dance was great


1) Pasha Parfeny - Lautar (Moldova 2012)

This takes the number 1 place in my list as I still find myself singing it. It has an amazing tune. It's one of the most feel good nonsensical songs I've ever heard and It makes me feel so happy to listen to it. I would advise following the link to enjoy the best Eurovision song to date!


Mentions:
Gaitana - Be My Guest.  Buranovskiye Babushki - Party For Everybody. Jedward - Waterline. Donny Montell - Love is Blind. Lordi - Hard Rock Hallelujah. Manga - We Could Be The Same. Lena - Taken by a Stranger.